Finding The Right Roles
Finding the right roles for the right people can be tricky, especially in what is turning out to be a bizarre 2020. The Audio Programmer has, from the outset, prided itself on not only providing education services and a powerful developer community, but also on helping people find the roles that are a good fit. See our latest roles below. You can send us your CV at any time and, in the meantime, keep up to speed with our online video content and discord community.
Audio Developer (Games)
Full-time | Remote or In the Office | Worldwide
- Our client is looking for an Audio Developer to help develop a powerful and intuitive technical platform for adaptive music in video games.
- You will help in working on extending the functionality in the client’s software to support all kinds of sound design in video games.
- You need to feel confident working with and communicating software architecture as well as with general knowledge sharing and mentoring of less experienced developers.
- 3+ years professional experience in audio development
- 3+ years professional experience in C++
- Experience in developing audio for video games or music production tools
- Experience in working with software architecture
- Experience of mentoring less experienced developers
Perks & Benefits:
- Occupational pension
- Flexible working hours
- Work remote or in the office
- Exercise during working hours
- Pick your own computer
- Phone w/ unlimited data plan
Full-time | Permanent | London
- Our client is looking for an iOS Developer who can develop engaging and beautiful interfaces.
- Translate user stories into the functionality
- Write excellent, maintainable code, and take part in code reviews
- Discuss design and implementation details with the rest of the team
- Develop engaging and beautiful interfaces
- You have excellent knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
- You have extensive experience creating fluid interfaces with UIKit
- You are comfortable writing tests, pair programming, and reviewing code
- You have practiced test-driven development and continuous integration/deployment
- You are familiar with a scripting language such as bash, node, ruby, or python
- You have experience using git
- You have worked on products that focus on social interactions (game, streaming, community, etc.)
Full-time | Northampton, UK
- Our client seeks a guitar-playing, audio-specific DSP engineer to join an established R&D Team.
- DSP algorithm development, implementation, and optimization
- This includes both high-level modeling (MATLAB, C/C++, VST plugins) and assembler-level optimization on the target platforms.
- Testing own code, both digitally and sonically on amps and products throughout the process.
- Assisting in project planning, scoping, and problem-solving in terms of software.
- Other duties within the skill set but not necessarily role scope as and when (creative design input, attending meetings, etc.)
- Guitar player, with a first-hand understanding of products in the wider Musical Instrument market
- Several year (minimum 2+) commercial experience as an Audio-specific DSP engineer
- DSP development for embedded hardware
- Practical experience using the JUCE framework
- Experience in assembler-level optimization (ARM cortex M/SHARC) to build and test own work
- Experience in testing audio algorithms and audio processing blocks
- Excellent demonstrable Embedded C programming skills
- Excellent C++ (OOP) programming skills
- Solid understanding of fundamental DSP theory
- Critical listening experience
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles
- Understanding of/experience developing VST plugins
The following experiences are a plus:
- Optimization on out-of-order architectures
- Real-world modeling of audio systems
- Independent and self-reliant, being able to work without close supervision, in addition to having a team mentality
- Working within a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) source.
Audio Software Developer (Windows)
Contract | Remote
Our client is seeking an experienced software developer with Windows API experience for some contract work.
- WPF C#/.NET
- 2+ years of experience building Microsoft Virtual Audio Drivers (MSVAD)
- Experience building audio apps or SDKs.
- Proficient in C#, C/C++, and CLI (C# bindings to C/C++)
- Experience integrating with web APIs
- Experience writing automated tests
Please message us for more information.
Prism Sound – Experienced Low-Level Software Developer
Full-time | Remote
Prism Sound is a world leader in high-quality professional audio technology, based near Cambridge. Our audio converters and signal processors are prized in the world’s top recording, mastering, broadcast and film studios. Prism Sound is part of the Audio Squadron group. Other brands include the SADiE digital audio workstation, the craft editor of choice for the world’s foremost broadcasters and Tracktion, offering the Waveform DAW for creative producers and Acktion range of synths.
We are looking for an experienced low-level software developer to work on a range of digital audio projects including the upcoming ADA-128 modular audio conversion system. Prior experience in the audio industry isn’t required but a huge enthusiasm for audio is!
- Programming in C++
- Embedded Linux/Yocto (device trees, kernel configuration etc.)
- Bare-metal embedded platforms (ARM)
- Device class compliance (UAC2)
- Windows device drivers (USB Audio/ASIO/WASAPI)
- Source management (Git)
- Real-time development
Bonus skills but not essential
- macOS (Xcode)
- JUCE/GUI application development
Would you like to join our development team in Cambridge, UK, designing digital audio equipment to the highest standards of quality and performance? If you think you’ve got what it takes we’d like to hear from you. In return, we offer:
- Ground-breaking, award-winning, state-of-the-art technology
- A chance to work alongside the best in the business
- A small, close-knit team with a common purpose
- Autonomy and creative freedom, a chance to shine
- Flexible working arrangements (occasional travel to Cambridge required)
- A good salary and a rich opportunity for personal growth
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy of your CV, and tell us why we need you.
Software Developer (Web Infrastructure)
Full-time | Remote
- Our client seeks a Software Engineer to work on web APIs and cloud infrastructure for distributing software products at their rapidly expanding music tech start up!
- You’ll work building stable and well-documented infrastructure that delivers music software to customers, and supports internal development of this software.
- You will also work with product owners to automate a range of related business processes.
- Strong communication skills
- An experience of at least one common language used to build server-side systems (Python, Java, Node.js, Go, etc.) with an interest in working with Node.js.
- Exposure to server-side web development and some understanding of backend development design patterns, best practices, and deployment environments.
- A good knowledge of common software collaboration practices (especially git)
The following experiences are a plus but not required:
- Interest in music, music technology, or audio programming
- Some knowledge of C++ or Lua
- Experience of Linux system administration
- Experience of SRE or DevOps
- Experience of container systems, especially in production
- Knowledge of web authentication standards especially OAuth 2 or OpenID Connect
Senior Game Audio Programmer
Full-time | UK
We are looking for a Senior Audio Programmer with extensive experience in C++, Unreal Engine and Wwise to join us to work on first-person action-adventure games for console and PC.
- You will be working closely with the code Leadership to plan, estimate, and write high-quality performant audio systems.
- As a senior coder, you will contribute to regular code reviews, championing code quality and best practices.
- You will work closely with the Audio Team to review feature specifications and provide input where possible to support audio design workflows.
- Solid understanding of advanced audio concepts (mixing, signal flow, 3D positional audio, occlusion, obstruction, audio propagation, data compression, reverb, reflections, streaming and memory footprint, etc.)
- You have great code design skills and can mentor juniors in best practices. You’re also a great communicator and love working as part of a team where you play an active role in helping shape the game and its development.
- You’ve got top-notch C++ skills, experience at a senior level of development in Unreal Engine 4 and are familiar with WWise audio middleware.
Experienced Cross-Platform C++ Developer
Full-time | London | Remote (UK only)
Our client seeks an experienced cross-platform C++ developer to help develop real-time audio applications.
- Deliver clean and well-tested code
- Use common technologies such as C++17, Python, CMake, and Git
- Coach and advise more junior members of the team
- Write clear and concise documentation
- Proficient with modern C++
- JUCE framework experience
- 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Passionate about music and audio technology
- Flexible working, home working
- Company pension, life insurance, private healthcare
- And more!
Experienced C++ Audio Developer
Full-time | UK
Our client seeks an experienced C++ audio software developer to join their team in building virtual instruments and music production tools.
- You will build cross-platform software applications as part of a dynamic, agile team.
- At least 5 years of C++ development experience
- Expertise in STL and Boost
- Familiar with object-oriented architecture and design
- Cross-platform Windows/Mac development experience
The following experiences are a plus:
- Agile/Scrum/XP experience
- Test-driven development experience
- Background in music
- Multi-threaded development experience
C++ Software Engineer
Full-time | Germany
Our client is looking for an experienced C++ software engineer to help evolve and grow their world-renowned product line.
- Write modern, clean, and maintainable code for multiple platforms
- Help in maintaining, extending, and refactoring our codebase, transitioning from legacy to state-of-the-art
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and product owners to solve compelling issues
- Bring a high level of motivation and interest to the team
- Experienced and skilled in modern C++ and C++ standard library
- Experience with other programming languages like Python or Lua
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Automated tests are part of your developed solutions (e.g. GTest, Robot, etc.)